Life As Art

Musings on life, passion, beauty, expression, creativity, relationships, ideas, and oh so much more!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma, United States

\\\ Chaser of Light \\\ Lover of the Good Life \\\ Creator of Portrait & Style Art for the Glorious \\\ http://www.REVELphoto.com

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

You're Dangerous

Today I am posting a poem I wrote about three years ago...

You’re dangerous
crashing in on me
invading all my ideas
penetrating my perceptions

I can’t hide from you
I’m not even sure I want to

Are you playing games?
turning my world upside down
or maybe it’s right side up

I thought I had it all figured out
I’ve been playing it safe not leaving much room for doubt

You see right through me
the darkness and the light
I’ve never been known completely
not even by myself

And yet you, you run right through me
causing me to come undone
all these feeble attempts to remain dignified
lay in ashes next to my broken pride

Why am I trying to stuff it all back in me
Trying to make it pretty

As if you couldn’t handle my reality
Or the truth of how broken I am

You’re dangerous
ravaging my heart
captivating my thoughts
crushing the essence out of me

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was powerful...Dana

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed this poem. It invoked many thoughts within myself over my own vulnerability to what/whom I consider "dangerous" in my life.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Misty Bradley said...

This is the favorite poem I have written. As for essence, I was definitely thinking of the fragrance of crushed flowers and spices. I can't say that it was with much forethought that I wrote the line; it wasn't exactly crafted. This poem was one of the easiest things I have ever written because it was pure response to the Lord. I know when I wrote it I was particularly thinking of specific fragrances and spices that Randy has taught me through his teachings on Song of Songs. Now that I've read the definitions you offered, I think "essence" is my new favorite word!

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home